A leading multinational mining and metals concern in Johannesburg is looking for a newly qualified CA(SA) to join their finance team.
Our client is engaged in the sourcing, trading, marketing and distribution of non-ferrous metals, ferroalloys, minerals, industrial raw materials and energy & power products. With offices worldwide (20 countries), the Group serves a broad base of industrial customers and offers a full range of commercial and financial services.
Accountant - Product Control
- BCom Accounting degree
- Preferred - Chartered Accountant (SA); or
- Preferred - Any CIMA designation
- Experience in a commodity or mining environment would be to your advantage
- Experience and understanding in dealing and accounting for FEC's
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- Accurate monthly gross margin (GM) monitoring, accounting for and reporting on all active trade commodities.
- As a Product Controller, you will need to be highly attentive to risk and the importance of a solid control environment and be detailed in all aspects of your work.
- You also have to possess highly developed analytic, interpersonal and communication skills to enable you to form relationships with relative traders and to understand and address their issues on GM.
- Effectively managing the team responsible for capturing data (both sales, purchases and direct costs)
- Reviewing the accuracy of data captured in the accounting system (CODA/Unit 4 Financials)
- Working closely with the traders to understand each business line and ensure accuracy of gross margins
- Reviewing the daily/weekly/monthly trading position
- Allocating overhead costs to the various divisions and businesses on a monthly basis
- Calculating, posting and be able to explain the weighted average cost of capital calculations to the divisions and business lines
- Monthly reconciliation of inventories, including open book valuations
- Accounting for the off-balance sheet open forex positions (Accounting for hedges – both fair value and cash flow hedges)
- Implementing and monitoring monthly controls where a risk is identified
- Performs control check at transaction level
- Advanced Excel capability
- Strong financial acumen coupled with analytical skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues in an easily understandable manner
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The successful applicant will report to the Senior Product Controller
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you will need to be highly numerate, have strong financial awareness, and be able to work in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN :
- Highly competitive base salary, pension & medical aid contributions