Our client in the commercial property sector is looking for a Financial Controller to join their finance team.
- BCom Accounting degree
- Honours degree would be to a candidate's advantage
- Completed a minimum of 3-year SAICA articles
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years of financial accounting experience (excluding articles)
- SAP Business One experience would be beneficial
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Performing of creditors reconciliations.
- Processing of development/project/ad-hoc operating expense invoices.
- Loading of payments onto the online banking platform.
- Calculation of month distributions on all co-ownerships/JVs.
- Liaising with JV partners as and when necessary on finance/admin matters.
- Review of all co-ownerships/JVs financial reports not managed by the company.
- Preparation of general journals.
- Reconciliation of payment cards.
- Managing of petty cash.
- Monthly VAT submissions.
- Calculation of provisional tax.
- Liaising with the Tax Department as and when needed.
- Attending to SARS queries.
- Preparation of annual budgets.
- Review of all council accounts.
- Debtors management which includes review and follow-up with tenants on all overdue amounts in conjunction with other finance staff members.
- Relieve for other finance staff members as and when needed
- Monthly review of separately disclosable-/tax items of items such as consulting fees, legal fees, repairs and maintenance etc.
- Attending to statutory auditors’ queries/requests.
- Attending to internal auditors’ queries/requests.
- Assist with monthly Flash reports.
- Assist with quarterly Board reports.
- Prepare annual financial reporting packs.
- Assist with drafting/review of annual financial statements.
- General administrative duties as and when required by the manager.
- Comfortable with Excel
- Work experience in the property development/management industry is beneficial
- Good communications (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to multi-task
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong numeracy abilities
- Excellent time management
- Able to make balanced and sound recommendations to enable decision making, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to recommend the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and being proactive.
- Ownership: Assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks and adhering consistency to standards of excellence. Ensuring that all relevant detail has been considered.
- The successful applicant will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you will need to be highly numerate, have strong financial awareness, and be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Highly competitive base salary, contribution to pension fund by the employer and discretionary annual performance bonus.