Our client in the reinsurance brokerage services sector is looking for an Actuarial Analyst to join their analytics team.
This position is for an entry-level individual working with the Analytics team who will work under the supervision of a senior actuarial colleague. The individual’s main responsibilities will be to assist in organizing, analyzing and interpreting client data and performing modelling to help analyze the cost and structure of a reinsurance program as well as other analytics projects.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets and analyzes client data to assist senior actuaries in evaluating reinsurance programs (i.e. pricing, stochastic risk assessments and advisory work).
- Assists with performing basic calculations and loading data into models (i.e. experience and exposure models) to help determine the price and evaluation of reinsurance structures.
- Assists in responding to client queries and concerns and resolving issues in a timely manner to enhance client experience.
- Delivers analysis on time and updates team members on issues and progress to manage deliverables and workload.
- Researches issues and industry trends in support of reinsurance transaction process.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Actuarial Science or related quantitative fields such as Mathematics or Statistics
- Relevant work experience including co-ops and internships preferred
- Completion of 3-5 Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) exams preferred
- Proficient in MS Excel with skills in other MS Office products.
- Experience in programming languages like R, Python and SQL a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining good client and internal relationships.
- Strong ability to be organized and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent team player.
- Able to make balanced and sound recommendations to enable decision making, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to recommend the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and being proactive.
- Ownership: Assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks and adhering consistency to standards of excellence. Ensuring that all relevant detail has been considered.
- The successful applicant will report to the Senior Actuarial Analyst.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you will need to be highly numerate, have strong financial awareness, and be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Highly competitive base salary, contribution to pension fund by the employer and discretionary annual performance bonus.