Our client, a leading industrial supplier (import/export) is looking for a Financial Controller (Finance Specialist) to join their finance team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Performing of creditors reconciliations.
- Assist in managing debtors / debtors’ payments
- Processing of development/project/ad-hoc operating expense invoices.
- Loading of payments onto the online banking platform.
- Accounting for the off-balance sheet open forex positions (Accounting for hedges – both fair value and cash flow hedges)
- CFC accounts
- Preparation of general journals.
- Managing of petty cash.
- Payroll and employee records
- Inventory Management
- Monthly VAT submissions.
- Calculation of provisional tax..
- Attending to SARS queries.
- Preparation of annual budgets..
- Attending to statutory auditors’ queries/requests.
- Attending to internal auditors’ queries/requests.
- Assist with monthly Flash reports.
- Assist with quarterly Board reports.
- Prepare annual financial reporting packs.
- Assist with drafting/review of annual financial statements.
- Reporting to a European office on a monthly basis
- BCom Accounting degree
- Minimum of 6 years in a similar position
- Knowledge of Sage Evolution and SAP would be beneficial
- Comfortable with Excel
- Good communications (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Able to multi-task
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Strong numeracy abilities
- Excellent time management
- Able to make balanced and sound recommendations to enable decision making, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to recommend the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and being proactive.
- Ownership: Assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks and adhering consistency to standards of excellence. Ensuring that all relevant detail has been considered.
- The successful applicant will report to the Financial Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- To be considered for this excellent opportunity, you will need to be highly numerate, have strong financial awareness, and be able to work in a high-pressure environment.
WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE IN RETURN:
- Highly competitive base salary, contribution to medical aid and pension fund.